Waterlooville Golf Club is a fairly relaxed club, but we do ask visitors to respect our rules and standard golfing etiquette to ensure their visit runs smoothly and is an enjoyable experience.
In the interests of both our Members and non-members, please keep pace with the group in front of you to avoid slow play, or please ensure you do let faster groups through when possible.
We also ask that you switch off phones or put them on silent mode whilst on the course and/or in the clubhouse. They can be used for GPS purposes and in any case of emergency. Non-urgent calls may be taken or made outside in the car park, or in front of the clubhouse by the main entrance.
Dress Code on the Course
It is the responsibility of ALL Club members to enforce the Dress Code.
- Men’s shirts must be collared or high neck shirt with sleeves, and these must be tucked into trousers or shorts.
- Ladies are permitted to wear sleeveless tops with collar or high neck. These need not be tucked into the waistband if so designed.
- Denim jeans, tee-shirts, sleeveless shirts (gentlemen) football, cricket and rugby shirts, running shorts and training shoes are not permitted at any time.
- Trousers or shorts must be tailored, not ‘cargo’ style. Shorts with external flat pockets are permitted. Trousers must not be tucked into socks unless specifically designed to be worn this way, e.g. plus 2s or plus 4s.
- When wearing shorts, gentlemen must wear long socks of any colour or ankle length socks which are predominantly white. Trainer socks may be worn. Golf shoes must be worn when playing (except for Juniors aged under 14).
Any member, guest or visitor not suitably dressed will be asked to leave the course. If in any doubt, our pro-shop will be able to advise either prior to your day of play or upon arrival at the club.
Dress Code in the Clubhouse
It is the responsibility of all Club members to adhere to the Dress Code. Relaxation of the applied standard of dress is the prerogative of the Club Captain. The applied standard is as follows:-
The dress code is smart and casual at all times in the clubhouse. Jeans are acceptable, however they are not to be of the ripped variety. Tee shirts with slogans that may be offensive to others are not permitted.
- Suitable footwear must be worn at all times, golf shoes may only be worn in the locker room or snug bar.
- Wet and muddy clothes worn on the course are not permitted.
- Hats must not be worn.
- On occasions when more formal, or more relaxed attire is required, members will be informed prior to the event.
- The management and staff are authorised to enforce the dress code at all times. Individuals not observing the above rules will be asked to leave the premises. Members shall at all times be responsible for their guests.
Any member, guest or visitor not suitably dressed will be asked to leave the course. If in any doubt, our staff will be able to advise either prior to your arrival, or upon arrival at the club.
Visitors do not need to produce a valid handicap certificate before playing at Waterlooville Golf Club, but all visitors must be of a competent standard before playing the course. If you are in any doubt please discuss this with our professional staff.